This site is now an archive. For the current version of LCL, please visit learn.media.mit.edu/lcl.

CrehabiliTI - Programming School @ Guatemala

sashastef

I'm working on a project to enhance different abilities on kids teaching them programming. www.crehabiliti.com

this is the post of the share project fair http://discuss-learn.media.mit.edu/t/share-your-project-may-6-share-fair/993/19?u=sashastef

We did a Scratch day last May 17th at my house and it came 8 kids.

We are planning to start with courses at June with some of the workshop assistances, We are attending kids from 7 to 12 years old. We have more girls than boys wink

We also are planning o go to a different city called Chimaltenando to do a Workshop there.

I recently exposed the project to some friends I made when I was at the university studying engineering and they want to work with me as volunteers. The next project to make with them is to go to public schools, we already have a contact on the education ministery.

We also are planning to go to Scratch conference at the MIT (on August), to get fresh ideas and to meet new people with the same interest and objectives we have with kids.

Thank you @brapacc and @heloisazal for share your ideas and for teaching and advice me. I do not have experience on education but you are helping me a lot, now I feel more confident smile !!