This site is now an archive. For the current version of LCL, please visit learn.media.mit.edu/lcl.

Design project and LCL

danishbuddha

As part of my master study we are doing a design project which is gonna be showed at the IDC2014 conference here in Denmark in june.

our first edition vision:
Can design thinking and design processes help educators bring imagination into educational systems?

Our goal is to share our experiences, findings, results, ideas etc. relating to educational design and theory. With these we will try to bridge the gap between playing and learning. Our common ground is a shared Master of Arts (Education) in ICT-based Educational Design.

I'm the only one of the group doing the LCL course do to the others work schedule, but we all hope that we both can get a lot of input and share ideas from this course. I did LCL1 last year and i know how much input its possible to get from this course, even through its not the same syllabus.

We gonna be blogging about our project at www.legoglaering.dk and i'll try to keep this thread updated also.

danishbuddha

This might be a bit of a jump start of week 3 actvities about passion, but in the upcomming weeks we are gonna do some fieldwork, looking into different spaces with relation to our design thinking project.

We made a short video/blog post about ethnography in relation to design, i think some on here might find it usefull to then looking into creative learning spaces and thinking about how they may take their findings further.

that said i'm really looking forward to see what all you people doing this fantastic course is gonna up with in your findings smile

danishbuddha

Our first major work is now online - http://t.co/vsf6YlxZPw we could really use some input from all the experiences here on LCL on our design project.

where to go now, what pitfalls have you experiences from the mooc's work so far?
what projects have you done what are like our openings for our future focus?

James_B

Asbjørn, awesome site. I especially liked the observations on edutainment, open design, and the Arduino day. This has led me to consider more about our last Hangout. Thanks for sharing this

danishbuddha

Your welcome, after we had some feedback with our teacher at the university, we found out that we made some major errors in our design layout, so we are soon gonna be posting a more updated version, with more focus on our empirical data and what we are designing for than we had done so far.