This site is now an archive. For the current version of LCL, please visit learn.media.mit.edu/lcl.

Knoxville, Tennessee, USA

James_B

I would be interested in meeting up in or around the Knoxville, Tennessee area with other LCL'ers.

We could try to catch a live viewing session together, create an in-person study group, or other. I am pretty open here.

I am a member of Knox Makers and we would be welcome to utilize the space there.

I would also be open to meeting elsewhere. I will post more info about Knox Makers in my next reply.

James_B

For those that want to meet up in the Knoxville, TN area and are open to using the space at Knox Makers, here's some more info.

The location is on the new ZeeMap for LCL, but here's a quick rundown:

1010 Commerce Park Drive, Suite F
Oak Ridge, TN 37830

We are currently located in the Tech 20/20 business incubator complex and we share a larger building with other tenants. If the main door to our building is locked after hours but you suspect someone is home (lights are on, website shows a green logo, you scheduled a tour, we agreed to meet there, there's public event going on, etc), we have installed a doorbell clearly marked for Knox Makers.

We are still growing as a space, so we do not have traditional business hours. We have events scheduled on our calendar at http://www.knoxmakers.org and most of these are free and open to the public. If you would like to meet when the space is normally closed, I can schedule a private tour for you.

Like I said, I am open to ideas. I would love to meet with people in the area to work on LCL projects together, have live discussions, host viewing parties, etc.

Also, every Tuesday night at Knox Makers is free and open to the public (unless the calendar shows a nominal material fee or pre-registration required), and usually starts at a very casual 6:30 PM EST. We start with a Show & Share where members and guests have an opportunity to introduce themselves and share projects they've been working and anything else they would like to share, and then our weekly class or workshop begins at roughly 7:00 PM EST. Late arrivals are always welcome and I promise it isn't awkward or disruptive.

You are welcome to just show up and say hi to me there, as well. Be sure and mention you are an LCL'er if you do.

1L2P

Yay! That's great. Thanks for offering to host a group @James_B