This site is now an archive. For the current version of LCL, please visit learn.media.mit.edu/lcl.

The marginalised population?

xuminji

Hi, there,

I am sitting in Shanghai, China, and realised a few issues here

1. Due to time differences, I had to wake up at 1 am to watch the videos.
  2. The recorded videos are uploaded on Youtube, and it is blocked in China.

I am very interested in the topic but for these practical reasons, I am seeing most of my friends not able to participate in this circle here. That is really a pity.

natalie

There are also downloadable versions of the videos here.

heloisazal

Hi, @xuminji! It's wonderful your effort to follow the LCL2! I could take the first one and I can say that it's worthy! Last year I worked very much and did't have free time during the day So i used the weekend and many nights to catch up as much as I could. What I can suggest you is to downloaded the videos as @natalie explained. Try to make a local group to discuss about your impressions and reflexions. You also can count on me and with many other wonderful LCL participants. Let's make a try!!! smile

shari

Hi xuminji! As Natalie said, you can download the videos too. The readings you can always do ahead of time, before the class. And maybe watch the videos the next day - day after class, when you download them. I like Heloise's idea of you getting together a few colleagues/friends to watch the videos together and discuss the contents. That way, it's an active learning experience for you, even though you're not online with us live during the actual class. Once you view the videos, you can join in discussion threads here, so you can connect with us directly and discuss issues that are important to you. It's worth a try because this stuff would be amazing to try in the context of China and educational systems!