This site is now an archive. For the current version of LCL, please visit learn.media.mit.edu/lcl.

Troubleshooting with Live Sessions

shari

I was able to follow along no problem with the first class this year, but last week and now this week, when I click on the link to the live session, I can see the page, I sign in, and then I see the video box, the unhangout rooms, and the icons of the users to the right. However, I cannot see my own icon, I cannot post any comments, and as soon as I try to post a comment I start getting an automatic drop down box, white with black text, that tells me to refresh my screen, but when I try to refresh the same box continues to pop down and I cannot view the video or comment at all. Help!

FYI, the drop down box says:
"WARNING! An unexpected error has occurred. You have been disconnected from the server. Please refresh the page to reconnect.:

PS: I did try to re boot my computer but it didn't help. Frustrating...is it me or the system or what?

shari

So in frustration, I just opened Firefox and tried to access the Unhangout room through Firefox and it works just fine. Phew! Not sure what's going on in IE, I have the latest version of IE, but it seems buggy with the Unhangout platform. So if anyone else experiences the same issues, just try using another browser option.

cdetar

Thanks shari, looking into this now. Just to confirm: you're using IE 11?

Edit: we're tracking this bug here, and will try to get it fixed soon.

shari

Hi, yes, using IE v.11. Thanks for checking this out!

geraldiux64

I did have the same problem I got desperated so i decided to watch the videos instead. I ´ve tried but no chance to connect .

shari

Hi geraldiux, it is indeed frustrating! What browser are you using? I was using IE when I had my issues so I switched to Firefox and it was better. With Firefox, when they switched to a new video, I would have to refresh my screen because sometimes I also got that dreaded drop down box, but a quick refresh solved the issue in Firefox.

cdetar

Hey @shari and @geraldiux64, this should now be fixed -- IE10 and IE11 should once again work correctly on Unhangout event pages and breakout sessions. Please let us know if you encounter any further difficulty! If you're interested in code, here is the detail of the fix and an explanation of what went wrong.

geraldiux64

Hi!Thanks I´ll try to check it out

shari

Thank you for the fast fix!