This site is now an archive. For the current version of LCL, please visit learn.media.mit.edu/lcl.

Coding Club Meetup

tarmelop

This should be a special interest group, for people involved in coding clubs for young people, such as CoderDojo or any similar initiative.

I would like to discuss about creative computing and the role of projects, peers, passion and play in these contexts.

If you are (or have been, or want to be) involved in these learning environments please don't leave me alone and join this group! wink

agaddone

Hi @tarmelop,

I really like your idea, as I told you yesterday.

As you know, I'm a mentor from CoderDojo Roma and I think the topics of this MOOC actually fit with our activity.

Hope other coding mentors could join this meetup, so we could share the 4P's!

See you soon,
A

hyper_linda

This is relevant to my interests smiley
Hi, I'm Linda, co-founder of Code Club. I make lessons/projects that are used in these after school clubs but I would like to encourage more play and constructionist learning rather than just following my lessons...

tarmelop

Hi Linda, so glad to meet you, I see you're doing a great work in uk!

Both me and @agaddone are running CoderDojo clubs in Italy (Bologna and Rome) and we love to hear about other experiences and to improve the learning experiences of our kids, inspired by the wonderful work of the Media Lab.

I hope this group gets some other interesting people, we'll try to organize an hangout as soon as possible!

See you soon!
Carmelo

brapacc

Hi @tarmelop @agaddone @hyper_linda, nice to meet you!

hyper_linda

Would you guys be up for hangout to talk about this more? I'm on BST (GMT+1) but flexible about morning/work/evening time so I'm sure we could find some time that suits.

At the moment I am working with eh scouts organisation in the UK to update their IT badges and make activities for the new digital maker badge and would love to chat about this too.

tarmelop

Hi Linda, that's a great idea!
I'm always available in the morining next week, what about you @agaddone @brapacc ?