This site is now an archive. For the current version of LCL, please visit learn.media.mit.edu/lcl.

EdCamps (ongoing events across the US)

1L2P

LCL is collaborating with EdCamps, a movement of education unconferences. EdCamps offer a great opportunity for educators to meet face to face, and talk about things they care about - including Learning Creative Learning.

Why not join an upcoming EdCamps and host a conversation about LCL (or discuss the activity for that week)? There are EdCamps happening almost every weekend. Have a look at the complete list.

And feel free to ask questions about EdCamps in this topic (just hit Reply).

danishbuddha

i'm part of the group that organises the next big EdCamp here in Denmark on april 5th, could actually be intereristing to rise some of the question from here.

AyaJennifer

Hi there! Why not create a new meetup for Danish EdCampers? smile

James_B

I could be wrong about this, so this is either a tip or request for clarifying help. game_die

On the EdCamp page, it says to include "edcamp" as a tag when creating a new event. Some of the upcoming EdCamps use EventBrite pages for their events. You might notice that there is not a place on EventBrite to put tags when creating an event in EventBrite. What the EdCamp instructions refer to (I think) is that you need to post an EdCamp post on edcamp.wikispaces.com and use the tag system there.

If you use EventBrite, you can set up your EventBrite event and get it into the wikispace post at edcamp.wikispaces.com (might be able to link a wikispace account to EventBrite and somehow do it through the wikispace post, not sure there).

I'm mentioning this because at time of this post, the wikispace page of the next event listed in Arlington uses EventBrite and has a big "create an event" towards top and could be confusing. It tried to trip me up, until I saw EdCamp is a wikispace site and not all EdCamps use EventBrite.