even though I joined late, I thought i would take the chance and add my feedback for the 4 Ps
hope it would be efficient to anyone.
- I had the privilege to find Passion in most of the projects I worked on, either invented by me or given to me. i can easily feel if i have Passion to a project or not (if i cant see it, my wife can tell for me
- my wife and I just finished designing a "programming" course for kids that has very close concept with the Computer clubhouse. i wrote "" because it actually is a course for life, teaching the kids the stuff that would really help them grow as stronger people: courage, caring, self esteem, self confidence, imagine, presentation skills, tinkering, etc.
we hope we would start running the program soon and would be able to share more on that.
- The way you talk on Peer learning reminds me of my undergraduate degree, where almost 80% of the course-work was long term group projects (i studied technologies for learning). i learned to appreciate project based learning because of the results from that learning process.
- I actually talk at many unconferences (Ed camps) here in israel. it is a very common way of having a meetup nowadays.
My wife and I actually about to host our first edu-unconference at home... We've created a small community around the same passion to change the current education system, and we now organize meetings to talk about ideas of how each of us can contribute in our own back yard.
playful and serious: It is now known that each long term product has to think of creating a community around its solution. the best example I can think of is the Unity3D, with it's feedback system. it is very smart, funny, playful and altogether professional. Each user has five votes they can put on ideas that they think are worthy to be developed, and the Unity team would go over the most voted ideas and choose from that list the next app feature.
- When you talked about the fact that its Cool to be a Helper in the Scratch community, it added to my belief about that if people wish to succeed, they would have to care. care for your teammates, care for your product audience, care for your investors, care for your family and friends, care for other humans, care for nature and environment. i believe that caring is the way to balance the universe.
that's it for now
thank you for the wonderful experience.