This site is now an archive. For the current version of LCL, please visit learn.media.mit.edu/lcl.

Put a brick in The Wall

CyberParra

Here is a link to a digital wall where some of us have already posted notes (let me say brick) about Play & Tinkering

LCL5-Play: The Wall

Feel free to add your brick: just double click on the wall

Rules:

• one person one brick/note
  • be short
ofer

I didn't get the purpose of this wall - why is it better than the discussion boards? It looks nice, but what is the communication added value? For me it is another place I need to look for updates...

CyberParra

it doesn't want to be better; it is not better smile

It is just a more graphic way to summarize some concepts that can be discussed deeply here.
it is intended like a wall where to attach post it

franca

Done! I've put my brick on the wall!

geraldiux64

I did post nice activity thanks for your great and creative ideas!!!

CyberParra

Wow, have you seen The Wall now?
A lot of post.it

Vivian

This is my reply copied from the Padlet wall:

The great thing about being creative in the physical world is that mistakes are not easily erased. It's usually easier to "go with the mistake" than to try and undo or erase it. As such, working with the "mistake" or trying to "cover it up" creatively takes you into new directions and the result is better than without the "mistake". I find some of the best features of my physical creative products (sewing, quilting) resulted from an attempt to cover a "mistake". Serendipity is part of the fun!

With the digital, "mistakes" are too easily erased or undone.

CyberParra

that's and interesting point
The mistake is embedded in the physical object, that is modeled around it.
In the physical world, things show signs of time passing and of mistakes made

Vivian

Question for everyone: Do you think the ease of erasing or undoing digital mistakes is more a positive or a negative? Why?