This site is now an archive. For the current version of LCL, please visit learn.media.mit.edu/lcl.

RasPberry Pi 4 fun

skola2015

I missed last weeks amazing talks, so I´m a little bit behind schedule. But my 4 P:s thoughts are spinning around doing something with the fantastic Raspberry Pi. Do I have time to get all the P:s in place, or should I tinker on my own, learning stuff for doing something next semester in school? Hmmm...

I will try the Raspberry Pi with Scratch on another computer. I have tried it and it really works. But do I aim to much into robotics and tech?

Should I think about my own joy and learning? And then get new ideas for school...

Probably I will go with Project, Passion, Play and the two P:s in RasPberry Pi.

Anyone else digging into the Pie?

geraldiux64

Scratch is a good way for interacting with people.Joy and learning !!

skola2015

Thanks, I will go with my own joy and learning.

But yesterday my laptop didn´t want to be a part of the joy, it didn´t manage to load the battery and no current got through when I plug it into the wall socket. Murphys law...

But I have all the goodies in place (servos, dc-motors, raspberry pi, breakoutcard, a kinect, scratchGPIO for the RPi and so on...). An idea and time to tinker. But the damned laptop... so; Fail forward and get a solution.

geraldiux64

Hi!so sorry about your lap anyway it´s fun

skola2015

Yeah... my laptop survived.

And I had a day tinkering (this morning I woke up with a few centimeters of snow, it was gone in a few hours though, decided to have no gardenwork today) with my toys. Everything is working the way I want (almost). Trying to to control my Raspberry Pi (Scratch Interface Device SID) with Kinect via Scratch + Kinect2Scratch on my laptop.

Tomorrow... smile

I try to get things going. Just combining what other smart people has made.