This site is now an archive. For the current version of LCL, please visit learn.media.mit.edu/lcl.

[resolved] Adding a link back to the home page

1L2P

Is there a way to add a link in the top navigation that points back to http://learn.media.mit.edu? I think that would be useful.

CyberParra

I don't know if it is possible.
Anyway;

• Generally, the forums allow admins to set a topic/post to be showed
    always on top of each category. Of course I don't think would be nice
    to have the same topic/post on top of each category

• Could be useful to add a new category like Useful Link

Grif

We've raised this issue in the meta discourse category and hope to be back soon with an answer.

Grif

@1L2P @CyberParra Note the header along the top of the Discourse - links back to the course homepage and community map.

mpoole32

Since it is not self-evident that the LCL logo is a button, something like this would be in keeping with the current overall look, and this would be more self-evident.

Looks like new users can't add pics. When I become an old user, I'll add the one I had in mind.

1L2P

The first version of the top navigation bar is up. It fixes the main issue of not being able to return to the course home page. The next version will be consistent across all content areas of the course (syllabus, about the course, map, this discussion forum ...).

The image upload limitation is a little annoying. We are trying to balance the risk of spam with giving new users the ability to post interesting ideas - sorry @mpoole32!

natalie