This site is now an archive. For the current version of LCL, please visit learn.media.mit.edu/lcl.

Server overload on first session

natalie

The live server went down, so Philipp and team are working on a backup plan....

James_B

Thanks! At one point it tried to send me to browsehappy.com, not sure why.

msjacob123

keep getting kicked out...sympathies to you for dealing with tech probls on first day

natalie

OK, we'll be going live from here in about 5 minutes:
http://bit.ly/1ifmLZv

bobmohl

Great. Alert us here when to log in again so we don't overload.
Too many of us = good sign course is very popular! wink

Perduco

Yeah! Thank you! Don't give up!

natalie

You can also check http://learn.media.mit.edu for updated links and videos.

Perduco

Where are the four videos?

James_B

@Perduco @Geraldine

Try refreshing the page. I did not have to clear my internet history but I was able to see the updated info after a refresh. If a refresh doesn't work, try clearing internet history and then refresh.

natalie

The videos are still getting posted...one more minute....

natalie

Here are the links to the videos:

Video 1:

Video 2:

Video 3:

Video 4:

lgmccarville

I enjoyed all the videos and am thrilled to be getting new information and more modeling ideas for creating 21 century skills. the class is going to be different than last year and that is excellent too! Glad to be here! thanks for the knowledge portal. I could not find the break out rooms, but that is okay. not much of twitter peep. Is there a google hangout or the "LCLtalk" place link? or is this it? I am unclear about the way to get to that page.

natalie

We skipped the breakout rooms today -- but may try it next week.

People were posting on twitter using the hashtag #lcltalk

Hopefully in week 2 the live chat will be in the live session (the live session platform is called an "unhangout").

Spamigail

For what it's worth, I found the "chat flushes" to be very nostalgic. I have never been part of a popular homegrown chat event that doesn't experience these problems on the first day. The team will get it sorted! smile