This site is now an archive. For the current version of LCL, please visit learn.media.mit.edu/lcl.

Test posts for Markdown/BBCode formatting

James_B

Just trying out what a testing thread might look to better visualize it.

Also, trying to see if this works.

I am testing out whether one can embed YouTube videos with specified times to start the video at. It did not seem to go to the 2m59s mark as the URL intends in preview.

It did not go to the 2m59s mark when it started playing after I posted the thread, either.

If this is does not work for our purposes, I can always self-edit the title of this thread to reflect this post deals with a YouTube formatting issue.

It looks like Discourse is not alone and a common issue with some BBCode and Markdown style YouTube embeds in general is that they may not play beginning at a specified time in the video even if using a special YouTube link that normally works on YouTube itself. If a test post thread wouldn't make sense here, a better solution for this YouTube issue might be up to YouTube's end and this topic could probably be closed and left just for search purposes for others trying to embed timed videos.