This site is now an archive. For the current version of LCL, please visit learn.media.mit.edu/lcl.

The Scratchian Chronicles

CyberParra

Is a series of short funny stories about Scratch world as seen by the sprite's side.
I want to tell stories of how sprites live inside Scratch planet, what they feel about coders and how they relate with code applied to them. So, a funny way to talk about Scratch and coding.

I think these short stories could be also useful for transdisciplinary activities and for allow students to improve creativity and culture.

I write the stories in italian and the english translation is currently curated by @heloisazal (I'm really greatful for her help and availability). I wrote two stories till now.

My project is to write more stories and to publish a book (too ambitious?)

About the title

The title "The Scratchian Chronicles" refers to The Martian Chronicles the science fiction short story collection by Ray Bradbury, wrote in 1950)

Here the links to the single stories (just two till now) and to the collection (that also include the file in italian language)

1° episode - Tera is Back

2° episode - The Mystery of the Clones

Scratchian Chronicles Collection

These stories can be used in several learning environments. It would be also great if someone was willing to recite these stories. (We will do in italian)