This site is now an archive. For the current version of LCL, please visit learn.media.mit.edu/lcl.

What are you listening to right now?

James_B

Sometimes I have music playing while I am looking through LCL.

I thought it would be cool to try and share what's playing now and again with others, if anyone's interested. Could be a good way to learn about new bands and explore relationships between music and learning.

Right now, I'm listening to Kind of Blue by Miles Davis in the background.

Miles is keeping me calm as I look at different threads, post and edit content, and consider what others have said. I get in different musical moods when learning, but right now I'm feeling kind of blue.

If you have music on right now, what are you listening to? How does it affect your experience here?

mpoole32

@James_B, your mention of Jazz reminded me of this TED talk on creativity where they used jazz musicians to study the brain and creativity.

How are you embedding these videos here?

James_B

@mpoole32

Can't go wrong with jazz in my opinion. I have seen the TED talk you mentioned before, part of it reminded me of something John Cleese once presented about.

Are you listening to anything right now?

About embeds, there is a locked topic with more info that I am trying to keep updated here:

guanatos

I´m listening to Paco de Lucía,just remembering him it´s flamenco magic

James_B

Yeah, that's the ticket. Magic is exactly right! Wow, thanks for setting the bar so high there, Paco..

Such an exciting tone for checking out LCL, I love it. Thanks for sharing!

rcbomar

French rap station on I Tunes. I like the beats, and since I don't speak French I don't have a clue what they are saying...which is probably for the best!
I think music helps you relax and unwind, making it easier to focus at what is at hand.

dogtrax

I had the Avett Brothers on this morning as I got my classroom ready for the day.

http://youtu.be/abQRt6p8T7g

metz2u

I like to listen to Nick Drake & Alexi Murdock in the background.

James_B

I am adding a lot of these to a playlist to listen to when I visit LCL, keep adding what you have playing!

Right now, I am listening to traditional Japanese music. It is very relaxing and is helping me approach LCL in a different way than my last visit. I enjoy hearing the shakuhachi, the koto, and my favorite Japanese instrument which is the shamisen.

Perhaps we can create a shared playlist on a legal streaming service like Pandora. What are good services that would not limit us due to user locations in the world or fees?